Use the Ultimate Guide to Save Google Contacts to Computer
Our contacts are essential in today’s digital world for communicating with others. Many people use Google Contacts as their preferred platform. However, it’s better to save Google Contacts to computer to ensure that the contacts are there with a user even if they get deleted from Google due to a technical error or something else. We have seen a few cases, where the user finds that some of their contacts are missing or they are unable to save all the existing contacts from their Gmail account.
User Query: “I presently download my contacts from my Google account because I believe that creating a backup is essential. The problem is that the backup is only partially completed. Now I am not able to restore them completely. Would you kindly advise me on a reliable method to save Google contacts to computer?“
Why It Requires to Backup Your Contacts From Google Account?
Google users must know that they get the option to add or save contacts as it is an all-in-one address book that makes it simple for you to organise and keep track of your contacts. It can be a secure way to keep your contacts safe. However, depending just on Google Contacts can be dangerous because your important contact data could be lost due to unintentional deletions or technical issues. So, considering these issues we must save Google Contacts to computer to make sure the contact data is secured.
With the help of this post, we will be explaining a few methods to download Google Contacts to pc.
Let’s just look at the simplest way to get your Gmail Contacts saved on your computer.
How to Save Google Contacts to Computer Using the Automated Software?
There are a few options to obtain Google contacts and store them on a computer. Nevertheless, there’s a chance that some users will encounter some challenges. Therefore, downloading Google Contacts to a PC in a variety of formats, including PST, PDF, MSG, EML, and MBOX, is made simpler by using the Gmail Backup Tool. Additionally, it offers VCF format storage. You also get the option to extract all attachments from Gmail, you can export calendars, documents, and emails from Gmail.
For Windows Users
For Mac Users
- Download and install the utility and log in with a valid Gmail account credential to save Google Contacts to computer.
- Choose the email format as VCF, and also the category as Contacts.
- After that, use the Browse option, navigate to the destination location and choose more options, such as Incremental Backup, Apply Filter, and Delete after Download.
- Finally, click on the Start button to save Google Contacts to computer.
There are some manual methods which are available to download Google contacts to PC. Let’s explore them in case any user wants to know how we can manually save contacts from Google.
Read More: Unable to Download Gmail Attachments – Use Quick Way to Fix
Use the Export Feature to Save Google Contacts.
Google comes with an export function built in. Users can download or create a backup of their preferred Google Contacts in three different file formats with its assistance.
- Using your preferred web browser, go to https://contacts.google.com/.
- Following that, a fresh Google Contacts dialogue box will show up on your local screen. It will display the details of your contact list.
- Make sure to mark the contacts you wish to download, as you can only download one.
- Click the three vertical dots at the top of the page to proceed.
Select Export from the list of options.
- Next, select any option that feels most comfortable, such as vCard, Google CSV, or Outlook CSV. Click the Export button now.
Use Google Takeout to back Up and Save Google Contacts to Computer
Users can download Google contacts to PC using Google Takeout.
- Enter your login information to access your Google Takeout.
- Ensure that every application that accepts contact applications is deselected.
- It may take some time for the ZIP file and your contacts to download.
Note: in case you have multiple gmail accounts then this process will need to be executed multiple times.
Also Read: Use Best Solutions to Export Gmail Emails to PST Format
Google Contacts are the most important when we need to communicate online via email messages. And almost every user saves their contacts in Google. However, due to some factors, sometimes the contacts do not feel safe as much. Hence, the user is required to save Google Contacts to computer. By doing this, one can feel safe when they save them locally and use them whenever they need. Through this post, we have explained some manual and Offline solutions that help you take the backup and export them easily.