How to Open OST File in Outlook? Free Methods
November 23rd, 2022 ~ File Management Tips, Outlook Tips ~ 4 Minutes Reading
This write-up will describe the easiest and most free methods to open OST file in Outlook with complete information and a step-by-step guide.
We all know that Outlook stores its data in two file formats OST and PST, when we configure Outlook with an exchange server, then the data will be stored in OST format. And if you set up with POP, then the PST file will be created.
But sometimes, situations come when we have to open OST file in Outlook. but we don’t know the right steps. Don’t worry, read the complete blog to import OST files in Outlook.
How to Open an OST Files?
If your OST file is connected with Outlook, and you want to open the file with another Outlook account by converting OST to PST format. Then follow the mentioned 2 steps below:
Step 1: Export OST File from Outlook Account
- Open an Outlook account.
- And click on the “File” tab and choose the “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- Now select the “Export to a File” option and click on the “Next” icon to continue.
- After that, choose the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and Next to continue the process.
- Now select the folders, that you want to export.
- And select the location and hit the “Finish” icon to open OST file in Outlook.
Now your data will save in PST format, which can easily open in any Outlook version.
Step 2: Open OST File in Outlook
- Open an Outlook account.
- And click on the “File” tab.
- And then choose the “Open Outlook Data File” option.
- Select the exported file and done.
- Now your OST file will open in Outlook account.
Users Queries – Why Do Users Want to Open OST Files?
Query 1: Hey, yesterday I was checking the laptop of my ex-employee to collect office data. And I got some OST files on it and I want to read that file, but I don’t know the methods. If you know how to open an OST file then please let me know the process.
So, if your OST file is not connected with Outlook, then you have to help of an expert solution because there are no manual methods available to read orphan OST files.
Query 2: OST file is connected to my Outlook, but I want to open the OST file in my new Outlook account and after that, I want the data in an accessible format, so that I can read the data easily. But I don’t know the methods, could you please suggest to me the right method?
Yes, after following the mentioned steps above, you will get PST format which can easily open in any version of Outlook, now you can convert PST to PDF file, which is very easy to open on any device.
Locations of OST Files
- OST file in Windows XP of Outlook 2000/2003/2007: – C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
- location of OST in Windows Vista/7/8 of Outlook 2007: – C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
- OST file location in Windows Vista/7/8/10/11 of Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019/2021: – C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Outlook Files
Still Unable to Open an OST File
Still, if you are facing problems while opening Outlook OST files, so maybe your OST file is damaged or corrupted. In this situation, you can take the help of an expert solution, also you can try to open Outlook in Safe mode.
Above, we mentioned the methods to open OST file in Outlook accounts using free methods. But these methods have some limitations like lengthy processes and required some technical knowledge. You can try the expert solutions, which can allow users easily open orphan and corrupted OST files for free.