How to Convert Outlook PST to PDF with Attachments?
PST is still the most helpful file type of MS Outlook which used to contain emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, to-do lists, etc. But still, customers face a condition when they need to convert PST to PDF with attachments. Because Adobe PDF is one of the most utilized and easy file formats to contain data or files.
The PDF format enables its users to exchange and view material quickly and securely. The PDF files may be protected with passwords to limit access. Outlook emails become unavailable unless the users do not have an outlook on their devices.
Microsoft Outlook PST files cannot be migrated simply because of their heavy size. It is usually advised to keep all electronic messages in one location.
So, you can access them quickly whenever they are needed. But when you store all the electronic mail or information at a location it becomes tough to handle them when the file formats are various. And thus, you need to convert Outlook PST to PDF documents. Let’s begin with knowing the purpose to export PST to PDF.
What Are Reasons to Export PST to PDF Documents?
There are many factors leading to the necessity to convert PST files to PDF format. The following are some of the contributing factors:
- Users are unable to view PST files without Microsoft Outlook.
- PDFs are portable and can be moved simply, however, the PST is not capable of doing so.
- While PDF files are user-friendly and may be viewed, PST files are platform bound.
- You may encrypt PDF files with user level and owner level restrictions to secure your data.
- PDF documents are fully compatible with all Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
Methods to Convert PST Files to PDF
As mentioned before, Outlook may not allow users to save data as a PDF. Additionally, you must convert the Outlook PST file to the PDF file type. The following are the two simplest ways for exporting PST to PDF i.e., Manual and Professional approaches.
Therefore, here, I am explaining the step-by-step process to convert PST to PDF documents.
#1 Manual Method to Export PST to PDF with Attachments
If you want to convert PST to PDF with attachments free of cost. Then you will need to follow given steps. Let’s start now!
Phase 1 – Import PST into Outlook
- Run Microsoft Outlook 2021 or previous version and choose File option.
- Thereafter, select Import / Export option to continue.
- Choose Import from another program or file and press Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and hit on the Next button.
- Browse PST file from your computer and click on Next button.
- Lastly, press the Finish button and get PST data in Outlook.
- Start Microsoft Outlook email client on your pc.
- Select the File option from the Outlook menu bar.
- After that select Open & Export option from dropdown.
- Choose Open Outlook Data File option and browse the PST file to upload in Outlook.
Phase 2 – Save into PDF Documents
- Start MS Outlook desktop client on your Windows computer.
- Open PST email in Outlook that you want to convert into PDF file extension.
- Thereafter, choose File option from menu or press Ctrl + P shortcut key.
- Now select the Print option from dropdown.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF option and hit on the Print.
- After that, choose PDF as Save as type.
- Lastly, browse the destination path and click on the Save button.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Microsoft Outlook installation is mandatory.
- Can’t export orphan PST to PDF documents.
- Time-taking and lengthy technique.
- Requires technical knowledge of MS Outlook.
- Permits to convert PST to PDF with attachments one by one.
Another Blog: How to Export LinkedIn Profile to PDF Format?
#2 Professional Method to Convert PST Files to PDF
Do you want to convert PST to PDF with attachments in bulk? Then this is advisable to use PST to PDF Converter which works without MS Outlook installation. Therefore, you can batch convert orphaned PST files to PDF without reporting any error message. Let’s know how it’s working process.
How to Convert PST Files to PDF – Steps
- Install best PST to PDF Converter on your computer. Read instructions to export Outlook PST to PDF documents and press Next.
- Upload PST files into software panel using dual options i.e., Select Files or Select Folders. However, the software is also capable to insert PST file data automatically from configured Outlook.
- After that, select PST folders from software interface and press the Next button.
- Now select advance options i.e., Convert Attachments as PDF, and Black & White Mode accordingly. Browse destination path to store resultant PDFs.
- Thereafter, choose relevant file naming option to manage resultant PDFs in multiple styles.
- Press Next button to start converting PST to PDF format. Please wait for a while.
- Outlook PST to PDF conversion process has been completed successfully. See the message of completion and press Ok to confirm.
- Lastly, the software will automatically open the destination path. Get resultant PDFs and use them as per your need.
PST to PDF Converter Benefits Compared to Manual Method
- The best approach to batch export PST to PDF with attachments.
- Multiple file naming options to manage email in different ways.
- Automatically uploads Outlook profile data from default storage location.
- Facility to choose required folders to convert PST to PDF.
- Black and white mode to convert PST emails to PDF documents.
- Compatible to convert orphaned PST files to PDF format.
In the conclusion, here we covered double methods that can assist you to convert PST to PDF with attachments using the manual as well as an automated solution. You may proceed with the manual approach if you are a technical user. If not then you may go with an automatic solution.