How to Migrate G Suite (Google Workspace) to MS Office 365?
Do you have no idea how to migrate G Suite to Office 365?
Today, in this blog, I will explain to you how to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365? If you are looking to import G Suite to Office 365, then this post will be beneficial for you.
G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 are sets of efficient products that are hosted in the cloud. Services enable typical activities like record keeping, email marketing, communication processes, etc. But there is a huge Difference Between G Suite VS Office 365.
Google Workspace is fast, flexible, or integrated. Good team communication and simple planning are important elements for small-scale industries. And, most of the G Suite customers have mini and medium-sized companies.
Office 365 offers greater protection, broad offline usage with One Drive syncing, or a similar user experience to Excel, Word, etc. Its many schemes and semi provide customers a lot of freedom however and may also be confused.
Many subscribers of Microsoft 365 (including large corporations to consumers) utilize the ‘Offline Access’ function. Some subscriptions also include cloud and desktop apps. It allows users to work offline and then upload to the cloud.
Migrate G Suite to Office 365 By Using the Admin Center
For an IMAP conversion, users may utilize the configuration tool available in the MS Office 365 Admin Center. Directions as to how to migrate from IMAP may be found in the Office 365 Admin portal to migrate Google Workspace to office 365.
Gmail and G suite will only be accessed with an application password, which should be created by other sites Admin before MS Office 365 may link to them. Since Google considers Outlook to be unsafe software.,
It does not enable access even to be established only via a password. Details may be found here.
Configure G Suite login so that can browse Outlook and Office 365 ( Microsoft 365) apps.
You’ll want to also check that your G Suite clients can enable two-factor authentication.
Instructions to Migrate Google Workspace to Microsoft 365
All activities to migrate G Suite to Office 365 step by step are listed below this sequence of completion.
Step 1: Confirm Domain Ownership
This step requires users to validate ownership of the site used for their G Suite accounts.
During MS Office 365 activation, users may need to verify their domain. This setup process offers a TXT record for submission to their domain hosting company. See Connect a site to Office365 or choose a domain provider between 2 options.
Below to learn how to submit a DNS host provider’s TXT records.
- Google is now hosting users DNS: When users bought the domain from Google however also host the users DNS, perform these steps: Set DNS records if Google manages users domain (Go, Daddy).
- Having bought users domain elsewhere: Whether users bought their name elsewhere, they offer directions for several major domain Webhosting services
Step 2: Adding Users to Migrate G Suite to Office 365
Users may simply log in individually or in batches. Adding users usually add licenses.
Before migrating G Suite to Office 365 family, every user must have an inbox. To access their mailboxes, users must have an Exchange Online license.
Step 3: Select Emails from Google Mailbox to Import
For Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration, first, create a migration file. Users can easily generate a migration file by using Excel 2013 or 2017, therefore we’ll utilize it here.
To generate the migration file, the user must have all passwords for each Gmail mailbox they want to export. Considering that the user is not aware of the login credentials,
The user must update these credentials (set temp passwords by resetting) for all mailboxes during the transfer process.
Only the G Suite administrator can reset all the passwords.
Users will not have to transfer every Gmail account. user may perform them in batches.
These migration files may also add around 45 to 50,000 mailboxes (per user). The file may be 10 MB.
- Log in to the G Suite Admin panel by using the Admin’s details to Migrate G Suite to Office 365.
- When signing in, select Users.
- Choose every individual. Note this location.
- Select Users then click on Active users in MS Office365 Admin Center.
- Open Excel to migrate G Suite to Office 365
- Create the transfer file on Excel using the image below. Begin from rows 1’s headers. Please ensure that particular place the image and have no gaps. The headings are:
- A1 Cell: EmailAddress
- B1 Cell : UserName
- C1 Cell: Password
- To migrate mailboxes, input the user email addresses, usernames, and app passwords. 1 mail each row
- Column A shows the email address associated with the Office 365(Microsoft 365) mailbox. An identity column in the Office 365 Admin center’s Users > Active users shows this.
- For example, firstname.lastname@example.org would be the sign-in username for the user’s Gmail inbox in Column B.
- Column C contains the Gmail apps passcode for such a user’s Gmail account. Migrate from G Suite mailboxes using the Office 365 Admin center.
- Shut Excel after saving the file as a CSV.
Step 4: Link Office 365 (Microsoft 365) to Gmail
Office 365(Microsoft 365 ) must access or interact with Gmail to properly import G Suite to Office 365 mailbox. Microsoft 365 utilizes a migrating route to accomplish that.
A migration endpoint specifies the parameters required to establish the transaction to convert the mails.
Setup the migration endpoint on the Exchange Admin center to migrate from G Suite to O365.
- Open the Exchange Admin Center (classic)
- The EAC’s Migration tab provides further information about migration endpoints.
- To establish a new migration endpoint, select New.
- Choose IMAP as a migration endpoint type to migrate from G Suite to O365.
- Set up the IMAP server to imap.gmail.com and leave the others as default.
- Select Next. This transfer function tests the Gmail connections using the parameters. Assuming the connection succeeds, the webpage loads.
- Specify a title for such Migration endpoint on the Basic Info tab. Another 2 options may be left empty.
- Ctrl+N to make a migration end to migrate from G Suite to O365
Step 5: Classic Exchange Admin center, select a migration task or begin Transferring Gmail Mailboxes (Classic EAC)
Users may utilize migration batches to concurrently Migrate emails from G Suite to Office 365.
The set contains the Gmail mailboxes specified in the migration file.
- Go to Admin centers> Exchange in Office 365 administrator center.
- Click Recipients > Migration.
- Click on the Add Icon > Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Select IMAP migration > Continue.
- On the Select, the users window, browse and provide the migration file you generated earlier. MS Office 365 verifies your migration file once you choose it.
- This is not devoid of contents.
- In comma-separated type
- It has less than 50,000 rows.
- The head row has the necessary characteristics.
- Which has a similar column count also as the header row.
In case any of these tests fail, you’ll have a warning message explaining why. Because a fault appears, users need to modify the migration file or reapply it.
- After validating the file Microsoft 365 identifies and previews all the users listed in the migration file as the mailboxes you need to import from G Suite to Office 365.
- Select Next. Then Choose the migration endpoint users established in step 4 then press Next.
- Confirm the settings on the IMAP migration setup option. select Next.
- Make a copy of the migration lot number on the displacement page (for example, Test5-migration). A migration file name is the migration lot name in a format specified. Not in the migration table list.
Users may also choose which files to convert. Deleted, Spam and Shared Remove them by clicking on the x. To change a folder’s name, choose Editing Insert, or Erase to delete it.
- Then click Next and Apply the usual changes on the Start the batch page:
- Explore to mailbox another user a copy of the migration data. Standard mailbox notification of migrations. The migration data are also available mostly in the batch’s details section.
- Select Automatic batch to begin > new. A transfer begins with the state Synchronize.
Examine the Outcome of G Suite to Office 365 Migration
- Move to Migration > Batch in the new Exchange Admin Center. Confirm that the batch is visible on the migration panel by clicking on it. Assuming that the migration was effective, its status is set to Synced.
- Navigate to Recipients > Migration in the Classic Exchange Administration center. Confirm that now the batches are visible on the migration panel by clicking on them. Assuming that the migration was effective, its status is set to Synched.
- It is important to examine the related Mailbox updates for particular problems if such an operation failed. It is also important to check that the EmailAddress section in your migration file (Excel file) has the proper MS Office 365 email address.
Ensure if G Suite to Office 365(Microsoft 365) is successful
Activities for moved users include:
- Join MS Office 365 using your login or provisional password.
- Specify their time slot and password. To ensure your calendar and email settings are accurate, choose the proper standard time.
- After the outlook open on the web then send a mail to another Office 365 user to check that you are enabled to send mail
- Select Outlook and verify that all of their email messages and folders are present.
Step 6: Configure the DNS records to redirect Gmail to MS Office 365.
An MX record is used for email delivery (DNS). During email transmission, your MX record referred to your Gmail service.
Send this MX record to MS Office 365 when you’ve completed transferring all emails. Modify any MX records to point to your custom domain.
Check Update MX records for different DNS operators for directions. Unless you do not specify your DNS server and also want a broad idea, generic MX records are supplied.
For any further details, use this to connect your domain’s DNS records.
- Log in with your Account in Office 365 to migrate email from G Suite to Office 365.
- Select Installation > Domains.
- Specify the domain and then Resolve problems.
It shows’ Fix Issues‘ because you paused the tutorial halfway through, so you could migrate Google Workspace to Office 365 before changing the MX record.
- Select What do I fix? Follow the steps given to set DNS records for MS Office 365.
- A notification stating your domain is properly configured will appear after adding all of the archives: Nothing to do. It may require up to 72 hours for your users’ and suppliers’ email services to notice the changes. Let 72 hours before terminating Gmail syncing.
Step 7: Disable Gmail Syncing
Users already changed their domain’s MX record. Finally, check that all mailboxes are sent to MS Office 365.
If it’s successful, you can disable Gmail syncing with MS Office 365 as well as remove the migration batch. Before you do so:
- Consistently utilize MS Office 365 for email. Inboxes from Gmail aren’t transferred to MS Office 365 once you remove the conversion batch. Their users won’t receive that email, so make sure everyone is on the current system.
- Wait 72 hours until deleting the migrating batch. It, therefore, increases the possibility of:
- Gmail and MS Office 365 mailboxes have synced again
- It has become possible for customers and suppliers to send an email to your Ms. Office 365 mailboxes.
Once deleted, the migration server cleanses all associated data and disables it from the migration panel to migrate email from G Suite to Office 365.
Remove the Migration Batch
- Navigate to Migration > Batch inside the new Exchange Administrative center. Choose the batch from the migration panel but instead hit Delete.
- Navigate to Recipients > Migration in the Classic Exchange Administrative center. Choose the batch and opt for Delete.
I know that the manual method is such a time-consuming and lengthy process and it is difficult for non-technical users to do, For the easiest and fastest way, you should try professional method.
These are the step-by-step instructions you need to follow to safely import G Suite to Office 365. Do note that this method only migrates email from G Suite to Office 365. You need to manually move from Google Workspace Suite to Microsoft 365 afterwords. Another best option is to import G Suite emails and calendars to Outlook PST.