Freeway to Repair Corrupted OST File & Resolve All Issues ?
October 5th, 2021 ~ Outlook Tips ~ 3 Minutes Reading
Hey, are you looking for a way to repair a corrupted OST file? If yes then here Are the best and finest ways to fix the corrupted OST file.
If your OST file is corrupted or damaged and you want to repair the OST file to open OST file then here you will get the complete guide by using manual methods.
As we know OST files enable us to continue working even while our Outlook is not connected. Nevertheless, corruption of the OST file is a frequent issue experienced by numerous Outlook users. Damaged OST files can only be repaired, and this is the sole remedy. In this article, we’ve covered all of the various techniques for repairing an OST file and shown you how to use them.
Important Note: These manual techniques may be found on the internet if you look for them. As a result, we’ll go through the whole procedure with you below. These methods, on the other hand, are not recommended by us. You should use these methods at your own risk.
Why OST file gets Corrupted and Damaged
The OST file can get corrupt as a result of the following reasons:
- The application has been improperly terminated.
- Failed to load the add-in.
- The occurrence of a virus or a bug in the system
- Equipment problems have occurred.
- The unexpected loss of power.
Methods to Repair corrupted OST file
The following are the available techniques:
Important Note: Before start, the procedure, take a backup of the OST file, and please carefully read all the manual limitations and restrictions.
Method 1: Creating a new OST file to repair the corrupted OST file
Using the methods below, you may repair corrupted OST files by re-creating the OST file.
- Open the Control Panel by selecting it from the Start menu. Select the option “Mail” >> Select Show Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the profile name and then properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select Email Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Data files >> File Location from the Account Settings menu.
- Choose Open File Location from the drop-down menu.
- Remove the corrupted OST file from your computer.
Method 2: By Using the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
Users may also attempt to repair corrupted OST Files using the scanpst.exe tool included with Outlook.
- Start the scanpst.exe application from the directory where Outlook is installed.
- Make a selection and go to the corrupted OST file.
- To start mending, click on the Start button.
- Shortly on, a dialogue box titled Repair Complete will appear.
Method 3: Open Outlook in Safe Mode
if your OST file is still corrupted or not opening then try to open outlook in safe mode. Check another article to know the best and free ways to open outlook in safe mode. or you can use any third-party tool.
Manual method limitations and Restrictions
- Only small mistakes should be corrected.
- There is no assurance of data security.
- The built-in tool is only accessible in Outlook 2010 and later editions.
- When repairing, there is a size restriction. Only files up to 2 GB in size may be repaired.
In conclusion, above we discussed that how to repair corrupted OST files by using manual methods. Which have some limitations and restrictions. So first carefully read the whole article after that start the procedure. Hope you like the article.