How to Import Yahoo Mails to Gmail Manually?
November 15th, 2022 ~ Yahoo Tips ~ 3 Minutes Reading
Import Yahoo mail to Gmail: It’s no surprise that almost all Yahoo Users are looking to migrate their emails and data to other email clients. This migration season for Yahoo began when all 3 billion Yahoo users’ accounts got hacked in the year 2013.
Moreover, there are numerous mistakes yahoo made that led to its demise. Such as, refusing to buy Facebook when they could afford it or refusing to be bought out by Microsoft for $44 billion. But this data breach of all their users’ accounts was the cherry on top.
One of the primary options for email clients that users are heading towards is Gmail. And if you are thinking the same, then keep reading.
In this article, we have explained the procedure of how you can Import Yahoo mail to Gmail account. But before we jump straight to the steps to migrate your Yahoo emails to Gmail, let’s discuss why users are opting for Gmail.
Reasons Users Are Migrating Yahoo Mail to Gmail
There are numerous reasons why users are looking to switch from Yahoo to Gmail. The primary one would be Yahoo!’s irrelevant ads display.
In consequence, over the last few years, Gmail users have been growing significantly and there’s a tremendous dropdown in the number of Yahoo account owners.
Evidently, Gmail has a nicer layout and its integration with the entire Google Workspace is immaculate than that of Yahoo!’s.
In addition to this, due to its integration with Google Docs, Sheets, Calendar and Contacts etc. Gmail is a complete package for any individual or small-medium businesses. Whereas, Yahoo does not really provide anything similar to this.
Hence, people are switching to Gmail from Yahoo. Let’s see how you can Import Yahoo mail to Gmail account as well.
Manual Method to Import Yahoo Mail to Gmail
There is an inbuilt option in Gmail that you can use to import your Yahoo Mail to Gmail for free. Let’s have a look at the steps to carry out the procedure.
Step-by-Step Tutorial to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Gmail
- Open and Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner.
- Choose the Settings option in the dropdown menu.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab to Import Yahoo mail to Gmail.
- Next, click on Import Mail and Contacts.
- In the appeared popup window, enter the Yahoo Account that you want to import emails from.
- Check the boxes for the items you want to import (contacts, emails, etc.)
- Click on Start Import.
An easy manual method for you to Import Yahoo! mail to your Gmail account.
Although this method is simple to execute, it might take 2-4 days to import all your emails depending on your mailbox.
Why Manual Methods are not suitable for Professional users?
- This method only imports emails from INBOX folders, not from other folders.
- Users can not import data from multiple Yahoo mail accounts at once to Gmail.
- There is no filter option to avoid importing unwanted emails.
- Data hierarchy and integrity will not be maintained.
In this article, we discussed a free manual technique and steps you can use to Import Yahoo mail to Gmail account. Apart from its dependence on the size of your mailbox, it is a fairly simple method anyone can execute: whether a beginner or a technically sound person. Hopefully, you found the solution for the importing of yahoo mail.