How to Save Yahoo Emails to Flash Drive? Complete Guide
November 3rd, 2022 ~ Data Drive Tips ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Overview: In this write-up, we will show you the methods to download and save Yahoo emails to flash drive using completely free manual methods. Here you will get the complete information on how to transfer Yahoo email to USB flash drive.
In this digital era, most users are using web-based email clients like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com to send and receive their emails, and manage and save their personal and professional data. Because these services have multiple benefits. But with time, the number of hackers is also increasing and they are continuously trying to hack online or web-based email clients or servers to steal your data.
Or maybe, you’re doing some important work on your account, and the server got down. Such situations compel users to save their Yahoo emails to flash drive.
That’s why we are here to describe the complete methods to transfer Yahoo email to USB flash drive to save your data locally.
Benefits of Transfer Yahoo Email to USB Flash Drive
Saving your Yahoo emails in USB drive is one of the best ways. Because, USB flash drives are handy, and easily contain large data. Also, there are some other situations, when users want to download emails from Yahoo mail to USB flash drive:
- Downloading a backup of your Yahoo emails locally, created easy access to get back your data any time.
- Prevent your data from virus attacks and mistake deletion.
- Users can preview data without needing an internet connection.
- Saving Yahoo emails to a USB flash drive frees up some space.
Manual Methods to Save Yahoo Emails to Flash Drive
Here we will show you 3 manual methods to transfer Yahoo email to USB flash drive using copy and paste, Thunderbird, and Outlook email client. The complete method is mentioned below:
Method 1: Copy and Paste
First, open your Yahoo mail account, and then download the email, that you want to save locally. After downloading the email, open it and copy the all elements and paste it into a word file. lastly, save the word file.
Method 2: Copy Yahoo Mails to USB Flash Drive using Thunderbird
Users may easily save Yahoo emails to a flash drive using any email client with the POP3 setting. To use this method, you would need an email client that supports POP mail delivery.
Here, we have used Thunderbird for this task here:
- Open the email client.
- Go to Tools >> “Account settings”.
- Click on Account Actions >> Add Mail Account.
- Enter the login details and click Configure manually.
- Choose POP, and fill in the details:<
- Server: pop.mail.Yahoo.com
- Port: 995
- Encrypted Connection: SSL
- For SMTP:
- Server: smtp.mail.Yahoo.com
- Port: 465 or 587
- Encrypted Connection: SSL
- Test the settings and click Done.
- Finally, your Yahoo Mail account is set up with Thunderbird. Let it download all your emails.
- Now insert the USB flash drive.
- Select the Yahoo account, right-click, and select Settings >> Server Settings.
- Copy the local directory path and open this location on your Windows.
- Copy all the files and paste them into the USB flash drive.
- Your procedure of saving Yahoo emails to a flash drive is complete.
If you are required to save Thunderbird emails to portable drive (Hard Drive), it is also a good decision for future purposes.
Method 3: Save Yahoo Emails to Flash Drive with MS Outlook
Use this method only if you want to save the mailbox in OST or PST format. Follow all steps to add Yahoo mail to MS Outlook:
- In Outlook, go to File and click on “Add Account “.
- Now, enter the Yahoo mail account and click the Connect button.
- Finish the configuration successfully. Detailed steps – Configure Yahoo in Outlook.
- Let it download Yahoo emails.
- Click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Select Export to a file >> Outlook Data File(.pst).
- Select the Yahoo mail account.
- Browse the location where the file will be saved.
- Click Finish.
- Next, go to the file location and copy this PST file.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the device.
- Paste the file into a flash drive to save Yahoo emails to flash drive.
Drawbacks of using the Manual Method
- If you faced any configuration error, then you have to restart the process again.
- data and folder hierarchy will not be maintained.
- No filter options are available to download or save specific emails from Yahoo mail.
Above we mentioned the methods to save Yahoo emails to flash drives using manual and free methods. as always, manual methods have some limitations, so if you have limited data, then you can use these methods. for large data, you should take the help of an expert solution.