How to to Import EML Files into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016?
November 11th, 2022 ~ File Management Tips ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Do you want to Import EML files into Outlook? If the answer is yes, then you have arrived at the correct place. Here, we will be explaining effective and free techniques by which one can easily resolve this query.
But before jumping straight to the methods we will first discuss the reasons why users may wish to transfer EML files to Outlook. So, it wouldn’t be fair if we didn’t discuss those reasons beforehand.
Why Do Users Wish to Transfer EML Files to Outlook?
There can be plenty of reasons that make it extremely important for users to switch to Microsoft Outlook as their main email client. Let’s understand the responsible causes behind this query to convert EML files into PST format: –
- Microsoft Outlook is trusted by multiple clients across the globe. Switching from your prior email client to Outlook, your productivity will increase undoubtedly.
- Other than that, it will also improve the perseverance of mail storage.
- MS Outlook offers many features that can be beneficial for users in the long run as compared to other email clients.
Import EML Files into Outlook Using Free Methods
Upon searching, we have come across multiple methods to transfer EML files to Outlook. Now, let’s check out the methods individually: –
Workaround 1. Using MS Outlook
Implement the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, navigate to the folder where your EML files are stored.
- Then, right-click on the EML file that you wish to Import in Outlook.
- Once the Explorer menu pops up on your screen, choose the Open option and then select MS Outlook to open your EML files.
- Expand the Move option and choose the folder in which you wish to open EML file.
- If by any chance, the user wishes to import EML files into Outlook in a particular folder, then you must create the folder before going through these steps.
Workaround 2. Move EML File to Outlook Through Windows Live Mail
Important Note: Windows Live Mail is only compatible with Windows versions prior to Windows 10.
It is highly recommended to take a backup of your data at a particular place before going through the following instructions: –
- Run Windows Live Mail and MS Outlook on your Windows Machine.
- After that, navigate to the Windows Live Mail and hit on the File & then click on the Export Email and choose the Email messages option.
- You can now choose Microsoft Exchange as your Export format from the Windows Live Mail Export Window.
- Next, you will get a pop-up on your Windows screen confirming that your emails have been exported to Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Exchange.
- In the next Window, a list of folders that you wish to export and you can also export selected folders. By this, you can also import all the folders from Windows Live Mail.
Press the OK button to begin the export procedure to import EML files into Outlook. After it is done, you will get a message saying the operation was successful.
Workaround 3. Using Drag & Drop Method
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your Windows Machine.
- Go to the Folder that contains the EML files to upload your files into the panel.
- Next, drag & drop EML files into the inbox folder of the MS Outlook application.
- If you wish to navigate from one EML folder to the next, then you can repeat the step respectively.
- You can now open and view your EML files in Outlook.
What if the Manual Methods Fail to Deliver Accurate Results?
- There is also no guarantee that these above-mentioned methods will provide you with 100% working results. Also, there is a risk of data loss and corruption while importing EML files into MS Outlook.
- Apart from this, the entire process can be a little complicated for novice users as it requires users to have technical guidance.
- In case you have multiple EML files to import into Outlook, then using the free methods is not feasible. As these methods will only be beneficial for those who have less amount of EML files.
Time to Say Goodbye
Transferring EML files into Outlook can be a difficult task. To, help you out in this situation, we have mentioned different manual methods by which one can import EML files into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 & its other versions. But as we know, manual methods contain drawbacks that often lead to data loss & corruption.