How to Save Gmail Emails to PDF Format in Bulk?
Save Gmail Emails to PDF Format: Although, exporting and saving emails in PDF format is always beneficial; there are various other reasons for it as well.
- Taking offline backups of data is advantageous in every manner.
- Sharing in PDF format is safe, secure, and easy.
- Storing all emails in cloud storage is not safe.
- Your storage is full and you need to export and delete your old emails.
Whatever the reason, if you wish to save Gmail emails to PDF format as well then, this article would be helpful for you.
In this article, we explain to you the manual and free method you can use to download emails from Gmail as PDF.
But before we start with the steps, let’s acquaint ourselves with the PDF file format and its benefits.
What Is PDF?
PDF: Portable Document Format is the file type independent of all platforms. It is the most commonly used file type nowadays. You can open a PDF file on any device (Computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, etc.). It can also be opened on both Windows and Mac OS.
This file format has many advantages to it. Let’s see what they want to save Gmail emails to PDF format.
Benefits of PDF File Format
- PDFs can be opened on many devices due to their high compatibility.
- One cannot alter a PDF easily.
- They are highly shareable.
- It is a secure file format due to its password protection feature.
- You don’t have to install any additional application to view it.
- PDFs store the entire email with attachments. Hence, you don’t have to find attachment files individually.
- Can be accessed on both Windows os and Mac OS.
- PDFs are the acceptable file format to present any evidence in court.
How to Save Gmail Emails to PDF Format?
Finally, we are on the segment to discuss the steps to take if you wish to download emails from Gmail as PDF files.
For this, there is an inbuilt option in Gmail’s interface. Instead of printing a hard copy, the email is virtually printed in a PDF file.
To proceed further with the process, follow the instructions given below.
Method 1: Stepwise Tutorial to Save Gmail Email As PDF
- Step 1: Log in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Open the email message that you wish to export in PDF format.
- Step 3: Click on the three vertically aligned dots in the top right corner.
- Step 4: In the dropdown menu, select the Print Option. A new dialogue window will open.
- Step 5: Select Save As PDF in the Destination section and Click on Save icon to download emails from Gmail as PDF files.
- Step 7: Next, choose your desired location to save Gmail emails to PDF format.
- Step 8: Rename the file and click Save.
Using this technique, you can easily download your email messages offline in PDF format. However, this technique can only download one email at a time. Hence, converting it into a time taking task.
If you have a small number of emails to download emails from Gmail as PDF files then, this method is for you.
Method 2: Save Multiple Gmail Emails in PDF Format in Bulk
- Open Thunderbird Account.
- And click on the “Tools” option using the ALT key and choose the “Account Settings” option.
- Now, a new tab will open, and click on the “Account Actions” >> “Add Mail Account” options.
- And enter the login details of your Gmail account like the email address and generated app password and hit the “Continue” icon.
- Now set the server details and click on the “Finish” icon.
- Next, your all Folders of Gmail will be shown in Thunderbird.
- After that, right-click on the folder, and choose the “ImportExportTools NG” option.
- Next, select the “Export All Messages in the Folder” >> “PDF Format” option.
And select the required location. now successfully all Gmail emails will be saved in PDF format in bulk.
Here, we discussed an easy and simple way to save Gmail emails to PDF format. A manual and free method you can opt for. However, if you have to export your emails in bulk then this might prove to be a tedious process.