How to Convert EML to PDF Adobe using Free Methods?
November 21st, 2022 ~ Adobe PDF Tips, File Management Tips ~ 5 Minutes Reading
You also might have similar queries like the ones stated above to convert EML to PDF Adobe. This is why we have created this article to explain to you the different methods of how you can convert EML to PDF by using manual approaches. We also briefly explain the EML and PDF formats as well.
Before we dive straight into the spets, let’s first understand both EML and PDF formats.
Moreover, there are various advantages to converting EML to PDF Adobe.
Benefits of Converting EML to PDF Format
- Since EML files are email messages stored in plain text format, it is easy to corrupt them. Whereas, PDFs come with a password protection feature which makes them more secure.
- PDF files are platform-independent and thus, can be opened on any device or operating system. In contrast, EML files can only be opened in the programs which support them.
- PDF is the only admissible file format in court used to present any digital evidence.
Now that we have covered all the other segments, let us start with the methods you can use to convert EML to PDF Adobe.
Manual Approach to Convert EML to PDF Format
There are essential, two ways you can open EML files as PDF Adobe format. Both these methods are email client-dependent. So, make sure you have at least one of the email clients mentioned here. The first method requires the installation of Microsoft Outlook. And, the second method requires the Thunderbird email client. Let us move on to the procedure.
Method #1: Using MS Outlook
As discussed, to proceed with this method you should have MS Outlook installed on your computer beforehand. Since Outlook also supports EML files, import EML files in Outlook and carry on with the steps given below.
- Open an EML file on your Outlook.
- Go to File >> Save As options.
- Select (.html) in the extensions.
- Name the file and save it in your desired location folder.
- Open the saved HTML file in a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome)
- Use the Ctrl+P command to print the file. The print window will appear.
- In the print window, select Save As PDF in the printer menu.
- Click on the “Save” icon to convert EML to PDF.
This method also saves the in-line images in intact formatting. On the contrary, if you use Microsoft Print to PDF, the resulting PDF file will not show the in-line images and graphics.
Therefore, go for the steps explained here to ensure that you export your EML files with the right formatting.
Method #2: EML to PDF Conversion using Thunderbird
Since Thunderbird is one of the email clients that support the EML file format. Thus, for this method, you should have the Thunderbird email client installed beforehand. If you have not yet imported your EML files to convert them, do it before proceeding with the method.
To carry out the process, follow the instructions given below.
- Open and run Thunderbird on your computer.
- Select the EML file that you wish to convert EML to PDF Adobe.
- Right-click on the file.
- Select the Save As option.
- Save the file with the (.html) extension in your desired location/folder.
- Open the saved HTML file in a web browser such as Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl+P to print the file.
- In the printer dropdown menu, select the Save as PDF option.
- Click on the “OK” icon to convert EML to PDF format.
If you are a Thunderbird user then, use this technique to ensure that the in-line images in the file stay intact.
Whereas, if you use the ImportExportTools NG to export your EML files in PDF format, it will not yield the same results. You’re in-line images will not be visible in the resultant PDF file using the Thunderbird add-on.
In this article, we explained two manual, free-of-cost approaches to convert EML to PDF Adobe. Both techniques are email client-dependent. So, make sure you have the respective email client installed beforehand to avoid any unnecessary issues. Use either of the methods explained here according to your needs.