How to Open VCF (vCard) File? 7 Free Methods
November 22nd, 2022 ~ File Management Tips ~ 4 Minutes Reading
“How to Open VCF File for Windows 11/10? “- This is the most searched question on the internet. I know, you are also looking for free manual methods to open vCard files. Don’t worry, I will show you the easiest and simplest methods to open VCF files.
We all know that, VCF (also known as vCard) is a standard file format, that stores contact information like Name, Address, Phone Number, Photo, and much more information.
Also, it is compatible with almost applications and devices. But sometimes users don’t know the right steps to open VCF Files.
Because maybe they got the VCF file from colleagues or friends. Or maybe they have already a vCard file at their device, whatever the reasons in this write-up, I will show you step by step guide on how to open a VCF file.
How to Open vCard File in Windows Manually?
Here we will show 7 manual methods to view VCF files data with complete information.
- Open VCF file in Excel
- View VCF Files on Windows
- With MS Outlook (Desktop)
- Open VCF file using Gmail
- Open vCard Files with Notepad
- View vCard using Yahoo mail
- Open vCard using iCloud for Mac
How to Open VCF File in Excel? – Manually
- Open MS Excel sheet.
- And click on the File tab or select the “Office” icon.
- Now click on the “Open” tab from the list and hit on the “Browse” icon.
- After that, search your VCF file and select it.
- Now “Text Import Wizard” will open, and here choose the “Delimited” option.
- And hit on the “Next” button to continue the process.
- Now add the delimiters as ‘Tab’, and “semicolon” and then select “Other’ delimiter & type ‘:’ in the field.
- Lastly, hit the “Finish” icon to open the VCF file in Excel.
How to View VCF Files in Windows 10 & 11?
- Simply locate the VCF file, where they are stored.
- Now right-click on the vCard contacts and choose the “Open With” >> “Windows Contacts” option.
- And your VCF contacts will open on your machine with all details.
With MS Outlook (Desktop)
- Open Outlook email client.
- And then, click on the “File” >> “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- Now choose the “Import a vCard File(.vcf)” option and click on the “Next” icon to continue the process.
- and select the VCF file that you want to import and click on the “Open” icon.
- And click on the “Next” icon to open VCF files in Outlook account.
How to Open vCard File using Gmail Account?
- Open Gmail contacts on your device.
- And choose the “Import” button from the left panel.
- And then, select the VCF file that you want to view.
- And hit the “Import” icon, wait for a while and your VCF files will open successfully.
Open vCard Files with Notepad
- Open Notepad on your system.
- And click on the “File” >> “Open” icon.
- And select the VCF file and open it.
- Or you can simply locate the vCard file and right-click, and choose “Open with” >> “Notepad” and your VCF file will open in Notepad.
View vCard using Yahoo Mail
- Open a Yahoo Mail account.
- And then, click on the “Contacts” icon from the top corner.
- Now select the “Actions” icon and choose the “Import” option.
- And then, select the file from your device.
- And import it to open the VCF file.
How to Open vCard using iCloud for Mac?
- Open your iCloud id.
- And choose the “Contacts” icon and then click on the “Gear” icon.
- After that, select the “Import vCard” icon and select the VCF file.
- And click on the “Open” icon to open VCF files.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we covered 7 methods to open VCF files using Excel, Notepad, Outlook, Gmail, windows, etc. here you will get the complete methods and step-by-step guide to viewing vCard files easily. These manual methods are quite easy for both technical and non-technical users. But the bulk process is pretty hard with manual methods. So, you can take help from third-party tools.