Free Way to Import MBOX to Google Workspace account
June 1st, 2022 ~ Email Tips ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Are you also one of them, who are looking for free tips to import MBOX to Google Workspace? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this write-up, we are going to explain everything about the MBOX file and Google Workspace.
Google Workspace is a valuable resource for small company owners. It is a collaboration platform with user-friendly features. Google Workspace encourages cooperation and participation in the workplace by providing technologies such as video conferencing, web conferencing, and group chat. It also centralizes your calendars, contacts, and files to help you stay organized at work.
The MBOX format is a widely used email storage type. And the users can Open MBOX file in Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage, and Eudora Mail.
Also Read: Free Ways to Import MBOX file to Gmail
Reasons to Migrate MBOX files into G Suite
- Users can easily manage their multiple emails and tasks through one platform.
- Google Workspace provides multiple advanced features to store the data.
- Or users have orphan MBOX files, that they want to import.
- Also, some situations occur, when users want to save their data in the cloud.
Manual Methods to Import MBOX to Google Workspace
Here We will take the help of the Thunderbird email client to import MBOX file to G Suite. Because we all know the Thunderbird email client support MBOX file, also we can easily configure Google Workspace account into Thunderbird. While doing this process, users will encounter some errors. So, first, we have to do the correct preparations and then we will start the process.
Important Note: As we all know Google’s less secure apps not working after 30 May. To configure Gmail or G Suite account in any third-party application, you must use the app password (16-digit password) rather than a normal password. So enable your IMAP and app password with given steps:
Step 1: Import the File into Thunderbird
if you have an orphan MBOX file or created with another email client like Apple Mail, Gmail, and other applications. So, first, you have to Import MBOX into Thunderbird. In the mentioned article you will get the complete steps and guide. After that, follow the process, which is mentioned below.
Step 2: Setup Google Workspace Account into Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird email client.
- And then, again hit the “Alt” icon and choose the “Account Settings” option.
- After that, select “Account Actions” and then hit the “Add Mail Account” option.
- Now enter the email address and the password (Google App Password) of the G Suite account.
- After that, set up server details according to you, and lastly hit the “Done” icon.
Now you will see your G Suite account successfully configured into the Thunderbird email client.
Step 3: Import MBOX to Google Workspace
- Now again open the Thunderbird email client.
- And then, open the required folder of the MBOX file.
- After that, right-click on the MBOX file and choose the “Move To” and “Copy To” options from the list.
- Now select the required folder, where you want to import MBOX file into G Suite.
Lastly, successfully your MBOX file will be imported into Google Workspace. But as usual manual methods have some limitations, some of them which are mentioned below:
Limitations of Manual methods
- Installation of Thunderbird: The Thunderbird email client must be installed on your machine properly.
- Data Loss: During the process, sometimes some errors occur, which cause data loss.
- Folder Mapping Problem – The folder structure cannot be kept the same as previously. Just the Inbox folder is established as the default when importing. As a result, you’ll have to work harder to keep your folders as they were before importing.
- It is Not Possible to Import Many Times – If you wish to import MBOX files into several G Suite accounts, you won’t be able to do so. Thunderbird does not offer this service.
To avoid these kinds of problems users should take help from any third-party tool. Which allows you to import MBOX to Google Workspace.
Time to Say Goodbye
In this article, we looked at how to manually import MBOX files into Google Workspace. We discovered that you may utilize the manual way, but it comes with certain drawbacks and the risk of losing your data.