How to Flatten Fillable PDF Files? Free Methods
August 30th, 2022 ~ Adobe PDF Tips ~ 5 Minutes Reading
As we all know that PDF file (portable document format) is a widely used file format around the world. Many prominent companies and individuals use this format to share their personal and professional information with others in fillable PDF forms.
But could you imagine, if your information falls into the wrong hands?
Many times, it’s like when you apply for a loan at the bank and your personal information PDF file ends up in the wrong hands. Your loan money may no longer be deposited into your account because bad people have access to change your personal information. Because the PDF file was fillable.
How do I generate a fillable PDF that, once saved, will automatically unfold itself? I have finished filling out a few fillable PDF forms, which will automatically flatten once they have been saved and will not permit any further changes to be made.
I have looked everywhere, but I can’t seem to find any help or directions on how to make a PDF that does this. Does anyone have any idea how to complete this task?”
You get multiple situations on the internet, just because of these things many online crimes are happing around the world. But now you don’t have to worry; we’ve got you covered with an in-depth explanation of how to flatten fillable PDF files.
What are Flattened PDF Files and Why it’s Important?
Flatten a PDF fillable form meaning a restricted PDF file to modify the information. When the PDF file is locked, then nobody can change the information. That contains the PDF file. this procedure removes or deletes all scripts from the backend. Then there is no method left to change the information.
Purpose of Flattening Fillable PDF Files
There are various and multiple reasons to flatten a PDF fillable form. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Flatten Fillable PDF Fields: Before transmitting a fillable PDF to someone else, several experts recommend flattening the file first. Why? Because after you flatten your documents, they’ll be harder to steal or lose.
- PDF File with Clearly Defined Elements: Adobe Acrobat and InDesign allows users to store numerous drawings and layers in a single PDF file, which can be flattened to improve print quality.
- Access PDF from All Platforms: Some PDF readers can’t open fillable PDF files because they have too many layers. However, if you flame a PDF, you can rest assured that it will be viewable on any device.
How to Flatten Fillable PDF Files using Manual Methods?
Here I will show you 2 manual methods to Flatten Fillable PDF Files. both methods are mentioned below:
Method 1: How do you Flatten a Fillable PDF using Adobe Acrobat?
Important Note: Adobe Acrobat is not easy to purchase for everyone, also the interface of the tool is not user-friendly for everyone.
- Open adobe acrobat and open the PDF file using the file >> open buttons.
- And then, scroll down and click on the “Tools Menu” >> “Print Production” and a new window will appear.
- From the right-side panel, hit the “Flattener Preview” and advanced filters can make adjustments to the PDF file.
- Now enable the page numbering in the PDF file.
- Lastly, hit the “Apply” icon to flatten fillable PDF files, and a confirmation will pop up click on the “Yes” button.
Method 2: How to Flatten a PDF Fillable Form using Browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox)?
- Open the location of the PDF file, and click right and choose >> “Open with” >> “Google Chrome” options.
- Or use the drag and drop method to open the PDF file using chrome (or any other browser).
- Now hit on the “Print” button and apply the required filters.
- And then, select the destination as “Save as PDF” and hit on the “Save” icon.
- Lastly, browse the location to save the Flatten Fillable PDF Files.
Important note: Many times, the print icon is not enabled or shown in the browser.
How to Flatten Fillable PDF Files Online?
I know that many of you are utilizing internet tools to flatten fillable PDF files, and others are searching for such tools. But you shouldn’t do that because using online tools is not authorized. In addition, there is a significant possibility that your personal or professional information will be stolen. Also, you have no way of knowing how the thief will utilize the information without your authorization. Therefore, you should steer clear of these kinds of web tools.
Also Read: How to Export Font from PDF File?
Time to Say Goodbye
In this article, we explained the complete methods to Flatten Fillable PDF Files using manual methods that are completely free. In this section, we covered everything there is to know about the process, including what Flatten Fillable PDF Files are and why it is so important, as well as some user questions, etc. Also, we provide reasons as to why using internet tools is not a safe option. I really hope that this essay is of some use to you.